Destiny Volunteers is a Ghanaian non-governmental organisation (NGO) and not-for-profit which uses volunteers of all ages and fields of experience to contribute to alleviating poverty in Ghana.
Volunteers can contribute to Destiny's work by choosing a placement on one of the following projects:
- Rural Development Projects - Modernising and diversifying rural agricultural practices and livelihoods, allowing rural communities to plan for their futures whilst working their way out of poverty. Rural development projects include Beekeeping, Guinea fowl & Grasscutter rearing, Fish farming, construction of schools, health clinics and any other necessary basic amenities.
- Health - Placements in health clinics and hospitals and community health education.
- Education - Placements in primary, junior and senior education institutions and orphanages.
- Cultural Exchange & Tourism - Learn about Ghanaian culture - dance, drumming, craft, and art, tour - whilst staying with a host family or in a camping system. Groups and individuals are welcome.
- Tree planting and conservation - Many rural communities depend on firewood for fuel which over time can degrade their natural environment. Practicing tree planting helps to reverse environmental degradation in populated areas.
- Research - This may be in the form of individual student research for dissertations or thesis', or assistance for institutional research. We also provide you with dedicated Ghanaian research assistance to help in translating, organising interviews, orientation and providing local knowledge, ensuring efficient and effective fieldwork experience. Research is important in all aspects of our project work and we welcome those who are willing to contribute to our research projects.
International and African volunteers can work together on projects lasting between one month and a year or more in the above mentioned areas. Destiny Volunteers offers worthwhile, exciting volunteering opportunities in Ghana, bringing benefits to both the communities and the volunteers.